I can't believe I am 16 weeks pregnant. It still seems so surreal. Only recently when my belly popped out I truly allowed myself to get excited. A lady at work the other day told me I was 'just the cutest pregnant lady' and I told her I sure appreciated that sweet comment! I always wanted to be 'cute pregnant'. I worried with my ivf weight gain going into pregnancy I'd look more puffy than pregnant. I'm still feeling a bit puffy but better about it! haha! I haven't taken a single belly shot yet... it seems that I went from puffy bloat ivf belly (I carry all my weight in my belly anyway) to a baby bump! So belly shots seems a bit hard to let myself do! haha! But Zach has insisted it's time so he's going to take some tomorrow. :)
Speaking of the belly, I bought some Burts Bees Belly Balm and Palmers belly lotion last night at Tar.get. Anyone used either or heard of one that works good? I feel like this belly is gonna get BIG and the girls are too! Oh, and speaking of the girls, is it totally weird that my left nipple itches all the time!?!?! Crazy!
Here we go: 16 weeks
weight: I'm not sure! I don't remember my 'pre-injections' weight. I'm gonna say +5 (I do know I have held steady since Labor Day!
sleep: Thought it got better in the 2nd tri! After being told I could only sleep on my left side I sleep terrible. I wake up constantly - on my back- freaked out b/c I wasn't sleeping the right way! And I wake up 1-2x to pee.
exercise: I know I need to, but after being on my feet and walking the halls, playground, and classroom all day I can't muster the energy when i get home!
cravings: peaches, pineapple, and salty stuff! Weird, right!?! I used to be a HUGE dessert girl and lately I don't really want any. It's freaking Zach out! haha!
maternity clothes: yep! I have 3 pairs of maternity pants and a few tops. I need to shop! I also think it might be time for some maternity bras and undies!
mood: pretty emotional during the week. but i know it is b/c of work. My county is crazy and they are cutting teachers and increasing class sizes every 2 weeks. I currently have 24 5-year-olds in my Kdg class. It's a zoo. Kids keep coming in, but no expectations of your job responsibilities or timelines change. it sucks.
gender: we were thinking girl all along, but then 2 weeks ago we were driving down the road and I turned to Z and said "i'm thinking boy" and he said "me too!" Now we just can't choose! I am currently scheduled for a reg appt Oct 18 and the big anatomy scan and all that on Nov 2. I REALLY hope to talk someone into telling us boy/girl on the 18th!!!
baby: the size of an avocado! can't wait to feel him/her move!
I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well and I can't wait for the belly pics! I'm so happy for you! I've heard great things about the Burts Bees Belly Balm. Unfortunately I wasn't too faithful with applying stuff, so I can't tell you if it works or not. I'll be praying that the time zooms by until November 2nd!
ReplyDeleteIm so happy to hear you are doing so good....I used Palmers Belly Balm twice a day but once I ran I out I bought Vaslines Coco butter it works great seems like my skin stays hydrated longer than with the Palmers...I also use Eucerin too but my belly itches like crazy all the time...but Im also naturally dry/sensitive skin but seems worse with pregnancy....Im going to make a prediction from what you said about cravings and not so much weight gain Im going to guess Boy but guess we will see in a month:)
ReplyDeleteI actually used the Burts Bees and Palmer. For the BB, a little goes a long way. It's pretty thick. I never got any stretch marks, but my mom never did either and I think it is kind of hereditary.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear things are going so well!