Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Baby Dream

Ok, so we all know Z and I have been DYING to find out the sex of the baby and we still are.  I keep halfway joking we'll never know b/c the babies legs are always crossed at the ankle!

Anyway, back over the summer (or maybe it was early fall) I had my first baby dream. It was short but I can still clearly see a little girl with fine, light brown curls in a green velvet dress (like maybe a holiday dress) sitting up on the floor in the hallway between our bedroom and the nursery.  Z and I were laying on the floor in front of her going ga-ga over and talking to her.  Then I woke up.  From then on I was convinced we were having a girl.

Fast forward to the other night.  I was in the hospital, in labor and delivery.  The ultrasound girl told us it was a girl and we immediately called her by the latest name on the top of our girl list.  However, later in the dream nurses and doctors were getting things ready for a C-section.  They said the baby was too big to delivery vaginally and a c-section was a must.  The next thing I know, I am holding a baby in my arms and looking down lovingly at a BOY!  A boy with brown curly/wavy hair.  Oh, and he was 11 pounds 6 oz to be exact.  I mean, really!?!?  What a dream!  So do I think it's a boy now?  I have NO IDEA anymore!  :)

I really feel both dreams occurred due to outside influence.  The first dream came after spending some time with a friend's daughter and the one the other night came after talking about all our friends that have boys and also sharing L&D stories.  But interesting nevertheless.

Have any of you had baby dreams?  If you found out the sex of your little one, was your dream true?

4 comments:

  1. I had two very vivid dreams about the sex of the baby - both telling me that he was a boy. Throughout my pregnancy I had a strong feeling he was a boy. I was right! How funny that you've had one of each!! Well, I guess you are 50 percent correct either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple of dreams before finding out and both pointed to boy....even though in the first dream I tried telling the staff that they had put the wrong hat on our baby that it should have a pink hat not a blue one....then the nurse said its not a girl its a boy:) and my second dream was my bestie doing an US on me (she actually does do this for a living) and she says I see boy parts:) For me both pointed to boy and we are having a boy....But besides gender dreams I have had some off the wall dreams while pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm... Well you guys that's awesome news! Tells me that I need to have some more dreams to break my tie-breaker! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted!! I think it's a girl!! I hope we find out soon - can't wait to see you at book club!

    ReplyDelete