Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time Flies!

Whoa.  I really can't believe it.  Someone at work asked me how far along I am today and it took me a minute (for some reason!) to say 20 weeks tomorrow!  WHAT!  20 weeks!  Halfway there!  Are you kidding me!!!??!?  Where did the time go?  As much as I can.not.wait. to meet our baby, I have done NOTHING in preparation!  I feel like I have so much to do.  I need to start my list making.  I meant to have done that already.  You know, like each month what I want to accomplish, that sort of thing.  But wow.  20 weeks tomorrow.  Crazy town.

In other news, well, not really news-news, but I still haven't felt the baby.  :(  I'm sad when I think about it and sometimes, especially at night, I kinda freak out about it.  I know 'they' say some people won't feel the baby until 22 weeks.  But man I had hoped for sooner.

I think that is just what I need to kick my butt into baby nesting mode:
1.  I need to feel this baby move!!!
2.  I need to know if I'm planning for baby girl or baby boy!  6 more days!  Vote and tell me what you think!  (Poll is up on the right there).

Ok, gotta hit the road.  I am meeting my girls for our monthly book club, gossip, and food eating session!  Always fun times!

Before I go, humor me, when did you feel your baby move?

5 comments:

  1. Around 19-20 weeks I started feeling her kick.
    http://cnabramczyk.blogspot.com/2009/12/growing-pains.html
    If you click this link for my blog it's toward the end of this post that I talk about thinking I finally feel her kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around 17 weeks..but it was verrrry subtle at first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started feeling my baby around 20 weeks as flutters but didn't REALLY feel much until about 22. I will also say I had a couple scares and had non scheduled NSTs for decreased movement but my baby was always fine... I had an anterior placenta which my OB said was like "kicking into a mattress" so I didn't feel my baby a lot. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it crazy how fast time goes! I wanted to hurry up and meet my baby, but at the same time with how long it took me to get pregnant I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible. I felt fluttering (quickening) at 13 weeks. That's really early and rare, so don't let it worry you. {To all the haters (haha), yes it is possible to feel your baby that early. Check the American Pregnancy Association's website on quickening.} My sister-in-law was like you and didn't feel her baby for a really long time and she has a healthy and beautiful baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started feeling little taps at around 18wks but def confirmed movement by week 20...Do you have an anterior or posterior placenta? I have a posterior so I know people with this usually feel the baby sooner:)

    Cant wait to hear what your having...Im thinking Boy:)

    ReplyDelete