Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Stroller Searching

So I've been researching strollers for 2 weeks now and still can't decide what to do!  I have decided on a Chi.cco Key Fit infant seat.  But I'm stumped on the stroller!  Here are my 'options'. Let me know what you think please!

1.  Chi.cco Travel System
Seems good in that for one price I get an infant carrier and matching stroller.  Stroller can be used long after the baby is out of the carrier.  But I hear that these are very heavy and bulky.

2.  Chi.cco infant seat with snap-n-go base thingy
This seems good b/c the frame is definitely lightweight and once the baby is out of that infant seat we can invest in a good lightweight stroller to last the rest of the 'stroller days'

3.  Bumble.ride stroller
I heart this stroller.  But I do not heart the price tag.  I love that this stroller has that reversible/flip handle so the baby can face me or fact out.  I also love the big canopy and the fact that the seat fully reclines should I want to put a sleeping infant in there with one of those snuggle things to help the small size of the baby fit better.  It also has a bar for attaching an infant seat.

So, please tell.  What criteria helped you make a stroller decision?  

4 comments:

  1. I have the Chicco travel system. I like that you can open and close it with one hand, that the seat reclines for when my baby is sleeping or needs a diaper change, and I like the way it maneuvers. It is a bigger stroller and that did take some getting use to, but I don't find it to be heavy at all and I'm a wimp. The Bumbleride stroller looks really nice too. Just don't be afraid to spend a little money (if you can) on a stroller because it's something that you're going to use a lot, so you want it to have nice features, be easy to use, and to look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same issue....and this is what I did...I asked several of my friends with children and they all said the same thing that you will need more than one stroller....So I got the Chicco Travel System in the exact same pattern as you have posted...My peeps say this stroller is nice for going on walks on uneven surfaces and long day trips....I also like that it reclined so that even an infant could be out of the carseat and in the stroller...My sis who is a nursery nurse says its important that a child isnt always in there carseat...Really they are meant for safety in the car not to be hauled around all day in....Then I also got a differnt stroller the Combi Cosmo EX Stroller- Wasabi Noche...It is an upgraded umbrella stroller...my girls say this is nice for trips to the mall or shorter day trips/travel...It also allows for any carseat to be in it and reclines if that is a feature you like...I was lucky enough to find both items slightly used on Craigs List...We paid 100 for the Chicco travel system and 60 for the other stroller (full price is 140) So both were good deals and from people who barely used them...I guess you just have to think about your lifestyle and the purpose of the stroller but this is what I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you guys! Thanks for all the advice and details. I'm such a detail person- I love it!
    We are registering next Tuesday! All of this is really happening! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete