
I was going through today's mail and opened the PBK catalog while I was waiting for dinner to finish in the oven. As soon as I turned the front cover, I took one longingly glance at the first page (similar to the one above) and lost it. But I couldn't tear my eyes away. I knew I needed to close it and walk away. But I couldn't. I looked at the details on each stocking. At the names monogramed on top. I thought of the cute kids that would have a stocking hanging in their home by the end of the month.
And I couldn't stop crying.
I thought I would be able to pick out adorable stockings this year. I hoped I would be getting super excited and over-the-top creative for my baby's first christmas.
But another Christmas will go by with no baby in our arms.
Hugs to you hun! If I can offer you any advice, buy one anyway! Have monogrammed on it - "our future child". It is stepping out on faith and being hopeful. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe holidays are extremely hard and know that I am thinking of you...
I'm so sorry! I haven't even been struggling for as long as you, but I can begin to understand your pain. Find comfort in your family who loves you and focus on them as much as possible this holiday season to keep your mind off of your sadness.
ReplyDeleteOh Devie - i'm so sorry! :( It will happen to you - I like Marie's idea, too. Hang in there - don't let the holidays get you down - just keep collecting your amazingly creative ideas so you can use them when it happens for you. Loves!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that it looks like we'll be starting our cycles around the same time...and it's the first for both of us.
ReplyDeleteGlad to have you, friend.
And I know what you mean about the stockings. I went to the mall Saturday to buy a jogging suit for surgery yesterday and do you KNOW where in the mall I went instead?
Macy's Children's Department.
Why on earth?
I did end up getting some cute sweats for 40% off though.
One step closer to the PBK catalog.
I'm here for you, girl.
I'm sorry.... :*(
ReplyDelete*sigh* I know that Christmas heartache all too well. I'm so sorry... *hugs* I'm excited for your IVF cycles, 2010 will be a good year for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWow... thank you so much, ladies! I can't express the uplifting feeling I felt after reading each of your comments. It is so wonderful to have a support system-- esp one full of people who truly understand how all of this 'feels'.
ReplyDeleteI have good days and bad, as we all do, and I am so grateful for this blog AND YOU!
I pray for each of us daily and can't wait to see what our futures hold...
Thanks again!!!