When I got to their house yesterday she was happy as a clam in the kitchen sitting in her bumbo seat surrounded by various items including, but not limited to, a wooden spoon and a bread basket. She lit up when she saw me (yay!) and reached up for me to hold her right away. I peeled her out of the chair hugged her and bounced her and started the inevitable baby talk. :) She giggled and cooed and ate it up. I couldn't believe how much she has changed/grown up! She is sitting up on her own, she looks in the mirror and giggles at herself, she props herself up on all 4's and rocks back and forth like she is ready to take off crawling. And I'm sure there are other things, too, but wow. They change so quickly! My husband (he's a photographer) took pictures of her when she was a couple of weeks old and I was looking at them when I got home last night. The difference is UNBELIEVABLE!
Anyway, her mommy and I had a wonderful time catching up (she used to teach with me before she had Mollie). We enjoyed yummy hot chocolate and homemade apple turnovers (she always has the best snacks at her house!). We talked about school, our husbands, our mutual friends, the upcoming holidays, and a bit about my most recent panic attacks and anxiety ridden moments and I confided in her that I think a therapist visit might be in order. She, as always, was super supportive and she put my mind at ease and just plain 'took some of my stress away' by just letting me talk. It was funny how I didn't even know how much I needed to talk (especially with someone who knows exactly what I'm going through with the ttc/IF stuff). Her friendship is such a blessing to me and I hope that she knows that!
Glad you were able to have such a comforting time with your friend!! I just love kicking back with an old friend and laughing, talking, EATING, and supporting one another.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have such supportive friends.
ReplyDeleteThat visit sounds like exactly what you needed. :)