As I'm sitting in traffic just waiting to get ON the interstate, I begin to take notice of what's around me. The biggest thing? Clear and sunny skies that I didn't even notice until a big yellow leaf hit my windshield.
So I did as any fall lover would do: I opened the sunroof, rolled down the windows, and soaked it all in.
I didn't pay attention to the parking lot of cars, engines idling. I didn't pay attention to the smell of gasoline or the weird guy in the car in the next lane.
I just took a moment and took a deep breath. I thanked God for such a gorgeous day. For my wonderful husband, family, friends. For the medicine that is finally starting to take away this terrible sinus infection I've had for a week. For my future that only He holds.
As I (finally!!!) entered the interstate from the on-ramp, I was feeling better. I left just my window down and the sunroof open. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and cranked up the music. I flew down the interstate with the wind in my hair singing to my favorite compilation of 80's music all the way home.
And it felt great. Every day truly is a new day.
:) What a great, uplifting post! You HEART your 80's compilations AND your sun roof - I can so picture this. Props for embracing the day and setting aside what could have been a negative experience!
ReplyDeleteLoved what you wrote! I think most of the time, a little 80's can always put you in a good mood!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love those moments when God speaks to us?! I've had similar moments and they're always so rejuvenating. I'm glad you were able to listen to him and enjoy the rest of your drive home. What an inspirational post! :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful post!
ReplyDeleteand like Kel said: I can SO picture this! :)