Made the mistake of heading to the Farmer's Market HUNGRY! Oh my gosh, I walked out of there with some yummy stuff: organic chocolate milk, Lorraine quiche, Mediterranean tortellini pasta salad, bacon & broccoli salad, strawberry & cream cheese croissants, 1/2 loaf of golden pecan bread, NY onion bagels, foccacia bread, and butternut squash ravioli. Seriously, yum.
Now you see I didn't really get anything 'healthy'! haha! All those fruits and veggies in that place and I got none of them!
But everytime I leave there, regardless of what's in my bag, I still feel 'healthier' and it makes me want to be better about only cooking and eating fresh & organic.
*sigh... one day!
I don't think I'm ready to give up my 'convenient frozen meals' yet!
How about you? Are you a fresh, organic eater? What kind of stuff do you buy at the Farmer's Market? (since apparently I need to branch out from the bread/pastry area!)
Yummy!!! Love it! I'm not an organic eater at all - I try to be a fresh eater and definitely love cooking, but a lot of time it's from cans! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I go to the Farmer's Market I get caught up by the atmosphere and want to buy EVERYTHING! LOL
ReplyDeleteWe're lucky to live so close to it. :)
Hi there! My name is Emily and I had the pleasure of meeting up with your sweet sister Kelly the weekend before last! (We live 5 minutes away from one another - small world!!) She passed your blog along to me since I told her about the struggles my husband and I are going through while trying to conceive. My thyroid levels are too low and haven't had a period since mid august. I'm on prescription meds to try and make me a have a period, but still nothing. I have cysts in my left ovary too. The low thyroid levels are most likely due to PCOS. I have an appt. with an endocrinologist november 25. Must be patient until then!! Anyway, sorry to write you a novel, but just wanted to introduce myself and let you know how excited I am to have found both you and your sister! Both of your blogs are great and so helpful!! Looking forward to following you!!
ReplyDeleteOh and I try to eat organic as much as possible, but it's hard when you're on a tight budget like we are. We mostly buy fresh fruits and veggies at farmer's markets, but it is soooo tempting to want to buy the entire bakery!! :) All of the pastries always look so heavenly!!