Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

RE Appointment Update

So the nurse called me a couple of hours ago with interesting news...

My doc would like to put me on 6 weeks of birth control to see if/how much it suppresses the cyst.

I'm supposed to start it tonight. I'm curious to see what happens. Zach was very surprised. The way the nurse was yesterday about the size of the cyst considering I had had the lap recently and all that...

So here's what I'm thinking:
Doc wants to see how my endo responds to bc pills for
1. to see if its enough to try IUI
2. to see if it will work well enough to allow me to skip Lu.pron and just do bc pills until December (while we are waiting for IVF in January)

Hmmmmm.....

4 comments:

  1. nice!!! That's great news - eithe way, Dev- and definitely gives you "something to do" if you will while you wait for insurance to come into play (assuming you end up needing it - woo!!) Great news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the pills do the trick!! Enjoy your last day of freedom before the kiddos start on Monday!
    Pre-planning starts the 17th for us and kids come on the 24th. SO MUCH TO DO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping the pills will work.


    Mostly I'm extremely impressed that your doctor is so on top of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fbi: you are right. taking the pills does make me feel like I am being productive-- even it it feels SO weird to be taking the pill again!

    kelli: yep, I'm hoping so, too! I'm very curious to see how its gonna pan out. Unfortunately my last day is going to be filled with lesson planning and laundry! haha! So jealous you don't start till the 17th! Good luck getting everything done-- the beginning of the school year is always super busy!

    bp: me, too!

    ReplyDelete