The kids keep enrolling and my room is like a zoo. There are 3 kinder classes in my school. We are all up to 27 kids. yes, 27!!! Oh my gosh they are so little and clueless. And chatty. And high-energy! The list could go on and on. I had 15 kids last year so this large number is quite a jump (and 5 above the legal limit!). I am out of chairs and room at tables. The poor things are on top of each other-- good thing they are so little! Oh and you should see us lined up going to the bathroom or lunch or something!!! It's comical how LONG the line is! It takes forever and a day to get anything done. And our fire drill yesterday was ridiculous. Thank goodness kdg has parapros!
Anyway, I've been staying at work till 6:00 or later trying to organize and problem solve. Then after my 45 minute drive home I crash and get up and do it all again the next day. Kdg had our parent curriculum night Thursday. (yes, the 4th day of school!) I didn't leave till after 8 that night! But I majorly slept in today and feel better. I may go get a pedicure for my poor feet. They hurt so bad!
It's been weird taking the bcp. I've gotten to where I laugh when someone asks me about a baby. I'm like "well my cyst is back to the size it was before the surgery & now I'm on bcp's! We're a ways off from a baby!"
Oh, and I had a 'choke back tears' moment the other day at school. I was reading the story "Chrysanthemum" (the story where the student has the long unusual name chrysanthemum and her classmates make fun of her) and we got to the part where the music teacher is pregnant. In the end she has the baby and names her Chrysanthemum. If you are a teacher, you know the story. So anyway, little sweet Jade in my class says it-- 'I want you to have a baby!!!' and then it goes from there. Before long the whole class is talking about me having a baby and would I have a boy or a girl and would I name my baby after a student in the class and so on... It was really sweet but tough to keep it together.
For now, I'm going to chill out with 'TimeTraveler's Wife" and my TiVo. Next week is a new week! Have happy weekends, everyone!
Oh my gooodness!!!!!!!!!! That's a LOT OF KIDS!! I would absolutely pull my hair out! :o) I had 13-15 kids last year too...the most I've had was 18 in previous years...I don't know how you are doing it!! Surely they are bringing in another teacher soon!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about Chrysanthemum...my kiddos have said similar things as well..."Well Mrs. W you're married so then why don't you have a baby???" *sigh*
Good luck in your zoo!!!!!!!!
Chrysanthemum! I love that story, but I understand where you are coming from. I had one that went home every night and told his mom I was pregnant. It was right after my surgery and I was not ready to deal with that question, but couldn't be upset since he's only 5. It's when everyone else starts asking you that drives me a bit crazy!
ReplyDelete27?! That's insane! I had 21 once and that was too many. I went to check my numbers this week and I have 14, 7 boys and 7 girls. Much more even than my 9 boys and 5 girls last year! Are they going to give you a fourth teacher? That number is going to fluctuate since it's only August.
I'm so glad you have that first overwhelming week behind you! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to come and meet all 27 of those little cuties. :)
Still can't believe you have that many kids - crazy!! I've never heard the story but it sounds sweet and it sounds like these babies already love you!! Hang in there -you're doing SO good (whether you think you are or not!)
ReplyDeletesweetpeanme: With everything going on in my life right now, I do feel like pulling my hair out somedays!!! It is so crazy! And I feel bad for some kids b/c they are truly ready to be at school and learn, but I feel like I'm too busy with discipline and crowd control! I sure miss my little group of 14-15 from last year!
ReplyDeleteKelly: oh my gosh! I can't believe a kid went home and said that everyday! whoa! yep, I'm envious of your numbers right now. We hear that we will find out this Friday if our principal will be allowed to hire a new teacher. I don't see how they can't!
BP: yes, very glad week 1 is down. the first week is always the worst! you do need to come meet them!
FBI: yeah, its truly crazy in there. The story is cute and THANK YOU!