Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

RE Appointment for Hysteroscopy

So I had the ultrasound and hysteroscopy appointment this morning. A bit uncomfortable (not as bad as the HSG) and pretty quick. I will get an official call from the doctor tomorrow with his diagnosis and all, but from the nurse practitioner that did the procedure today the results are:

~ A fibroid on the back of the uterus wall
~ A LARGE cyst (endometrioma) in my left ovary

So that means no IUI and we'll have to go the IVF route.

Sigh...

Deep down I knew this would be the result. But I still can't help but be disappointed.

So now I'm anxious to find out the plan/timeline from here...

3 comments:

  1. IVF isn't as bad as it seemed to be...I was really worried about all the shots and everything...but it went pretty quickly...you just do it and then suddenly you're stuck in the 2ww!!!

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading that book too!!! So far its relatively interesting...some of the parts I was like "are they gonna put that in the movie...ew" *wink* Helps me pass some of the time...and I'm so excited about the movie...although movies are usually a little disappointing after you read the book! Never as good!

    School starts on the 17th...the same day as my bloodwork...marvelous. So I will probably be at work for the best or worst news of my life...could be bad.

    I'll probably POAS before then though...so I'm not a complete basket case if it doesn't work...but still trying to think positive!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way: not surprised but still disappointed for you.

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete