Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

See ya '09, Bring it 2010!

So glad to see 2009 go. I had been doing so good before it came along. I had 'beaten' my anxiety and panic attacks, I was reconnecting with friends, taking more trips, feeling more confident, and had a very positive and hopeful attitude toward ttc.

January of 2009 marked the 'one year of ttc' mark and all hell broke loose. The doubt sank in. The depression. The worry. Then the doctor appts. The tests. The poking and proding and needles. Then bad news and more bad news. Which of course caused unusual amounts of crying, pleading with God, and withdrawl from my 'normal' self.

January of 2010 we are supposed to go in for our IVF consult. I had to postpone. I'm not ready. Z is ready. He is positive. He is my light at the end of this dark tunnel. I'm just not ready. The anxiety is back worse than ever and I still feel doubts of a happy outcome. I feel like I need to BE in a positive place before positive things can happen. Kind of like "If I don't think it will work, then it won't work". So we will wait. Just until spring I say. I'm praying that is all the time I need. I'm so ready to be out of this dark tunnel and back in a truly happy place.

Whew! So anyway, I'm looking forward to putting this all behind me and looking forward to lots of new opportunities in the new year.

Happy New Year to you all!!!


9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Devon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I made my blog private...if you are still interested in following my BFP journey, send me an email to musikatie@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you too and wishing your "baby dreams" come true this coming year.
    btw, love the blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Devon! I am praying for an awesome consult and a good consult for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely wait until you feel ready. I'm with you--if you don't think positive, I think your body knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I think 2010 will be great for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year, devie!! I think this will be your year!! :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! May 2010 bring all of our dreams come to light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Devon, I really think you are doing the right thing. We were told in April that our only hope of conceiving was IVf with ICSI. It then took me eight months to actually commit to a Lupron shot. Do this in your own time, friend. I'm keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete