Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

First Week of 2010

Well my first week of 2010 was a busy one! It started with a Teacher Workday followed by back to school with 20 excited & hyper kindergartners then my husband's birthday and finally a snow day! Whew!

Monday's Teacher Workday was productive, but cold. The heat was not working in my classroom. So glad we were allowed to wear jeans that day! I was layered well in my jeans, boots, and a sweater.

Tuesday morning was hard! It was SO TOUGH getting up early again (5:30 am). I had been staying up WAY too late during the break! I kept telling myself I needed to get 'back on my work schedule' but I was having too much fun! I had forgotten what it was like to stay up past 10:30. The day was long as my kids were so chatty and full of energy. I don't know how kids do it. So jealous!

Wednesday was Zach's birthday. The big 3-2. I don't know why, but turning 30 did not bother me, but in December when I turned 31 and now that Zach is 32, I suddenly feel like we are old. Not 'old old' but old enough you know? Like we are 'real adults' now or something. We're in our 'early thirties'. What!? Where does the time go...

Thursday was fun at school as we (state of Georgia) spent most of the day tracking the coming winter weather. It worked out great since we were studying weather in Science this week. It was easy to pull up weather reports and 10 day forecasts and stuff on the smart board for the kids to interact with. By 1:30 we got word that the first snowflakes were seen in Atlanta so everyone started getting antsy to go home! I headed out at 3:30 for my 45 minute drive home. Perfect timing. Around 5:00 we could see a steady fall of flakes and it was great! Schools were closing left and right and my friends and I kept texting back and forth to see if we would be out. Finally at 11:50 I got the call that we were out on Friday. YES! (mostly b/c I was nervous about driving before sunrise with the ice and all)

So today, Friday, I have been majorly lazy. I've watched lots of tv, took a nap, and tonight watched "Sunshine Cleaning" on Netflix on-demand. I feel kind of guilty that I wasn't more productive today, but it wasn't safe out on the roads and, well, why not!?

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend! Hope everyone has a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the snow day!! :) I was pretty lazy today and loved every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days are great! We had a 2 hour delay! What's with elementary schools not having heat...I threatened to teach in my Snuggie because of how cold it was in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe i'm glad you had such a great snow day! Unproductive or not!!! How did you like the movie? I added it to my on demand too but haven't watched it!

    ReplyDelete