Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Scheduling a consult w/ an IF specialist

Well, after some good days and major freak out days, I am still not at peace with the Lupron decision.  I have put a hold on filling the prescription and Zach and I have decided to seek out the opinion of an Infertility Specialist.  My doctor referred one to us and it happens to be the same one that wonderful friends (and new parents) of ours used to!  I am filling out paperwork tonight and we're hoping to get an appt quick.   I have called my insurance company to verify IF coverage. I don't have any IF coverage.  sadness...

I've noticed on some of your blogs that the IVF meds are like $4000 but then you still have to pay the doctor and the actual procedures and stuff too...

Can anyone tell me about how much to expect to pay out of pocket?  

4 comments:

  1. That's such exciting news!! I'm glad you're really exploring all options so there's fewer 'what-ifs' and you know EXACTLY what you're getting into - smart cookie! I know you'll make the best decision for you and Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Devon,

    I also have been recently diagnosed with endometriosis. My hubby and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. I just started Lupron last week... that was such a scary decision. But after talking to my ob/gyn I think I'm going to start being seen at an infertility specialist. We'll see what they have to say. Luckily my insurance company covers it. You can see my blog at http://gettingpregnantwithendometriosis.blogspot.com. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kel!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! I must admit, I have slept better these past few nights than I have slept ever since the surgery!

    Jennifer,
    I'm so sorry for your diagnosis. Endo sure is something, isn't it? The Lupron decision has been driving me crazy! I am on my way to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lupron was a big decision and yes, I'm so lucky that my doc was willing to take my feelings into consideration. There is no way I would have been comfortable doing 6 months of Lupron. I feel like that's just way too much. As for the clomid, I just don't know. There are so many ideas out there on the best endo therapy. I just know that I've talked to a few women who have endo & have successfully had babies and they did it by lupron and then a surge of clomid. We'll see what this new doc has to say. Thanks for your support (my family SUCKS at it, with the exception of my sister). I'm here for you too if you need to ramble or vent.

    ReplyDelete