In other news, we are trying to decide if we should 'give baby making a try this month'. My gynecologist told us at the post-op appointment that we could try but that she didn't see it being successful due to my bum (but self-healing) left ovary. She mentioned that we don't know which side will be ovulating this month. And she also mentioned something about it 'creating a toxic environment for eggs'. That scares me a bit. But at the same time, I know my tubes are freshly cleared and I hate to let another month go by. And, I am ashamed to say, we have not had sex since my surgery. I know, I'm a bad wife. I mean, he is fine thanks to 'other stuff' (*wink, wink) but I've just been a little scared. I don't exactly what I'm scared of though. Another BBT stalking, pseudo pregnancy symptom, hopeful month only to be greeted by AF in August. Scared it might hurt (seems like it should feel better now that the endo is cleared out). Scared of an egg surviving the 'toxic environment' and making it--only to result in a miscarriage weeks later. Or, scared of it actually working. Scared that after all of this, our dream of a baby might actually come true.
Silly, isn't it?
Awwww...you're not a bad wife!!! I'm not sure I'd be ready to get busy a while after surgery either!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what is best...but maybe you should just go for it!! Wouldn't that be the best happy ending ever!!!! :o)
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's nice to know that we all aren't alone. We haven't been brave enough to start the baby making process, but we will get there soon enough.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel when you feel like you are a "bad wife". Hopefully your hubby is as understanding as mine!
Enjoy your summer break and stop by again!
I say just go for it. No, your fears aren't silly at all. I completely understand. With infertility issues EVERY aspect is scary.
ReplyDeletesweetpeanme: it would be something, wouldn't it!?!
ReplyDeleteKelly: it is nice to know we aren't all alone. I'm really glad I started blogging! My hubby is very understanding--thank goodness!
Jennifer: you are right--with IF, everything is scary. But we might just go for it!
::giddy school-girl laugh::
;)
What a wonderful verse...and exactly what I need as we begin this cycle! Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the encouragement!!
ReplyDeleteIf you give it a go this month I wish you the best!! Good luck!!