We have decided to try the Lupron since my insurance will cover part
of it (I think). If insurance does not cover it, it will cost us $500
a month. for 6 months. So it's $3000 to try this or $25,000 (or more-- I do not have IF coverage) to go straight to IVF.
She has to start me on the Lupron within 2 days of me getting my
period. She says she might be able to have it in by friday. I am
'supposed' to start my period Wednesday. Timeline is not looking
good. I think I am already cramping and spotting. Looks like this
month is going to be a bust. And I really wanted to do it this month
so it could be in my system for a month before school starts back.
She says the first 2 weeks are the worst b/c your body is shutting
down... *sigh...
In the meantime we will meet with an RE and see about our other options. Just in case I can't handle the side effects.
A little assvice, ignore it if you like - there are very few endo experts and the ones that are do excision surgery, completely removing endo. And I haven't run across one that recommends lupron for endo. It puts endo in a dormant state temporarily, but as soon as you stop it the endo will return and sometimes be worse. In some people, you may still continue to have endo growth while on Lupron. There can be other nasty side-effects as well, and can stick around quite a while after you've stopped taking it...
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about meeting with a doc that does excision? The Endometriosis Research Center is a good place to get more information - as well as the Center for Endometriosis Care.
I didn't have excision surgery done until my 3rd surgery, and I know how hard it is to make these decisions when you're in pain and scared of the disease.
I wish you all the best in your TTC journey :).
Hi there..I advise against Lupron as well. I have stage four endo, and have had surgery with a specialist i'm happy to recommend- i've been pain and symptom free since, and made some lifestyle changes. and am trying for my third baby.
ReplyDeleteBoth great comments. Very informative and helpful. :)
ReplyDeleteWow - VERY good comments - this is such an awesome blog community you ladies have formed. Nice to find peeps who understand EXACTLY what you're going through.
ReplyDelete