Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I'm scared
I've been on quite an emotional roller coaster this past week. I think it finally hit me the other night what is happening to me. I had been doing some research on endometriosis and the Lupron drug my doctor is suggesting. And I'm scared. And sad. I haven't been able to sleep at night (hence this post at 2:30 am!). I got up at 3:00 am the other night and just went in the bathroom and cried my eyes out for about half an hour. I guess I just feel like I've taken one step forward and about 3 back. I thought that clearing the tubes through my surgery would be the end of my trouble. Only then to find out that my trouble has truly just begun. The Lupron sound mega-scary. I've been reading people's comments about it in forums and stuff and it sounds plain bad. The major weight gain (like 10 pounds per month), depression, mood swings, joint pain, hair loss and more. Women say that they look in the mirror and don't recognize themselves. That they are 30 years old but feel 80. Anyway, I'm trying to stay positive and not freak out. I am working on a big list of questions for my doctor when we meet with her next Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so sorry your going through so much! I know staying positive is hard, but it sounds like you're hanging in there!! Can't wait to hear about your doctor's appt!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're working on a list of questions - it's very proactive and will help you wrap your brain around this and ensure that you get the information you need to make an informed decision. I think Monday's appointment is going to be SO helpful - try not to stress too much in the meantime (I know this is like telling Sadie not to get excited when people walk by... you girls just can't help it!). :)
ReplyDelete