Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Surgery Update

So, my surgery (laparascopy) was this past Monday, the 15th.

It was uncomfortable to say the least and the outcome was not at all what I expected. The good news is that she was able to unblock my tubes! yay!
The bad news is, I had TONS and TONS of endometriosis. It was covering everything-- my bladder, uterus, tubes, and my ovaries. My left ovary was so swollen and enlarged that it was bigger than my uterus! It was also so badly covered in endometriosis that she said if I had already had my children, she would have removed it.

So, I have been on bed rest this week. I have had terrible gas pains (trapped gas left over from the surgery) and my midsection is really sore. Feelin' a little more alive today. got majorly dehydrated wednesday afternoon and yesterday was rough trying to catch up on my fluids. i felt like i had the WORST hangover EVER! I'm still only eating toast. yum. But i have managed to take a shower and put on 'real' clothes today! yay! and I'm outta the bed and downstairs on the couch watching the Today show and reading blogs! 

Progress, ladies, progress! I am supposed to be 'normal' by this weekend. I sure hope so! 

I go back to the doctor next Monday (29th) to start my next round of treatment--Lupron (I think--I was pretty out of it when she told me the name). In any case I know it is a drug that will put me into menopause. That's right ladies, menopause. For 6 months. The lupron will decrease the amount of estrogen my body makes which the endometriosis feeds off of. So I will be a lovely, hot MESS for the next 6 months! 

After all of that I should be clear to start trying for a baby. I will know more after my meeting next Monday. I'm nervous, to say the least. I have, of course, googled Lupron.  The side effects of the do NOT sound good. But I have to get rid of the endometriosis. My doctor could not believe how much was in there and that I was not doubled over in pain every single month popping loratab. Anyway, that's all for now...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you updated.

    I know the outcome wasn't what we'd all hoped for, but it's one step closer. :)

    ReplyDelete