Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

IVF question

Can anyone tell me the role Lupron plays in IVF?  I've been reading lots of your blogs and have noticed it in your schedules and stuff.

Yes, I'm still stuck on this Lupron stuff!  I have to make a decision about it soon!  (read previous post...)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for commenting on my blog! Yours is cute too. I hope that you are continuing on the road to recovery from your lap--it looks like it has been somewhat hard. You're right, the gas pains especially are horrible--I'm so glad that I was aware of the possibility of gas pains in my neck and shoulders---I would imagine that is somewhat of what a heart attack feels like! Anyway, best of luck with your next step. I hope you get some good answers regarding the lupron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dev, thanks for stopping by my blog. To answer your question, yes I did do a 6 month course of Lupron (If you go to my very first posts on my blog I give a long blurb on it, I think its like the 4th post entitled "Loopy on Lupron") and while it did not help me concieve (that wasn't really the intended purpose though) it did allowe me a 9 month long break from the pain and that was nice! Concerning IVF and Lupron, you're actually given very small doses and the reason behind it is that it keeps you from ovulating before they can go in there and do the retreaval. They pump you up full of all these stims and if it weren't for the Lupron, you'd probably ovulate them all before they had a chance to mature and then you wouldn't be able to harves them, does that make sense? So its like a safety net and keeps them in place till the RE goes in and gets them. I'm so sorry to hear you have stage 4 like me, its horrible. Feel free to read over all my posts (if you have the time and desire that is!) I am pretty honest/candid about my symptoms and all the treatments I've tried. Best of luck on the baby front, we're on a break now after over 3 years of trying unsuccessfully. Saving up for IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I can't type a lot; I'm on my crackberry and its hard to type. Email me at mclacal at gmail.com. I've taken lupron for endo treatment and ivf. Maybe I can help a little. You can also see posts on my lu.pron exp on my blog...starting around mar 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you what u shuld do, but, its nice to hear from others who have been there. So sorry about ur diagnosis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girls,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and offering encouragement and answering questions! I'll be visiting your blogs soon to read up on your experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lurpon suppresses the ovaries initially from ovulating before they stimulate them in IVF (often given with BCP). Then while stimming, some stay on a lower dose of Lupron to keep from ovulating too early, like before they retrieve the eggs.

    HTH!!

    ReplyDelete