Tuesday, November 2, 2010
It's A....
Our baby BOY is looking good and healthy! Today was the anatomy scan and we saw the 4 chambers of his heart, his brain, spinal cord, rib cage, 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 feet and 2 hands. They measured some of the bones and weighed him. His heartbeat was 143 and he weighs just around one pound. He is measuring to the day (20 weeks 5 days). We are so excited to meet our little boy! We are already talking about what fun things we will do with him and how he is going to enrich our little family. :) We are thinking about doing a 3D ultrasound in December (in about 6-7 weeks) to get some clearer pictures.
I can't believe how much more 'real' this feels! Our baby is not just our baby-- now it's our baby boy! Our son! How crazy! Let the planning begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh my heavens. I have checked your blog over and over and over today waiting to hear! Can you believe all of the people having boys? We are so happy for you and so thrilled that Baby Boy is looking perfectly healthy and right on track. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
ReplyDelete:) thanks for remembering and thinking of me today! For some reason, I was nervous for like 2 hours leading up to the appt! Then I cried when she told us. Not tears of sadness or anything- just tears of "OMG THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING". I mean, can you believe it? Do you guys have those moments? Putting a gender and pronoun with the baby makes it more real for sure. I have lots to do to get ready for our little boy!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Baby boys are THE BEST! I remember those exact emotions when we found out that Zachary was a "he". Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh My so Many Baby Boys:) But it is def a special time and so wonderful to know:) Now you will start the planning and the bound will grow everyday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO!!! Congrats on your baby BOY!!! How exciting! Glad everything looked great on the scan! Keep us updated on all the cute things you start buying/decorating with!
ReplyDeleteCOngrats! Everyone is having a boy! We still have another month to go before we find out.
ReplyDeleteThere ARE a lot of baby boys these days, huh!?! We were talking last night about our friends with kids and whose might be close to ours in age and realized most of them have boys! We never paid attn to that before. Crazy!
ReplyDeleteMy mind is racing with decorating ideas! :) So fun!
Congrats Devon! Boys are mommy's little sidekick.
ReplyDelete