Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Teacher's Snow Prayer :)

I received this from a friend and had to share!!! :)

A TEACH
ER'S PRAYER FOR SNOW

One night as I lay almost sleeping, I heard a voice, softly peeping.

I saw my wife devoutly praying. This is the prayer I heard her saying:



Oh, Lord, let it snow.

Let it drift and let it blow.

In the morning, no real fuss,

Just enough to stop the bus.

Enough to make the County say:

"There will be no school today."

Let the radio report: "Snow's deep!"

And I'll roll over for more sleep.



Then later on, say maybe ten,

I'll turn the radio on again.

Just in time to hear them say:

"It's strange; the snow has gone away!"



And then I'll know, You made it stop,

So I can go to the mall and shop.

Please, Lord, just hear my teacher's plea,

And make it snow for the kids and me!

Amen

7 comments:

  1. Haha! So, so true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that hanging on my fridge...I love it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On behalf of every teacher who has ever lived...that is awesome! If only we'd had snow in Mississippi. I did not get one snow day in ten years! This Midwest weather, however, is a teacher's dream! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute! haha So glad you got your snow day!! I got mine too, but had to work. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you guys could relate or found it amusing! :) I was grateful for the extra day off, though it felt a bit weird since I'd already been off for 2 weeks for the holidays! But I'll take it any day! :)

    ReplyDelete