Anyway, with the snow, ice & low temps this weekend we did a lot of hanging out at home. Which was nice, especially coming off of the holidays. We have cooked, watched movies, and caught up on tv shows (Fringe and 30 Rock). Does anyone else think 30 Rock isn't as funny as it used to be? I still love it though!
I've also been reading. I'm supposed to be reading "The Lovely Bones" for the book club that I'm in but I have gotten sidetracked and picked up "The Fixer Upper" by Mary Kay Andrews. She is a local gal so it's fun to read her books as they take place in towns and places I'm familiar with. I have gotten hooked on this book. It's about a girl whose job as a lawyer in DC suddenly falls out from under her due to a political scandal and she needs a place to think about her next life move. Her dad had recently inherited an old mansion in Georgia that he wants to clean up and flip. In comes the main character to the rescue. Of course she gets there and it's way worse than she imagined (think 'Money Pit') and she meets a cute, single guy her first day there. :) Since I love decorating and my husband and I went through a remodel a few years ago, the story line is super fun to me. I can't wait to read more!
So, anyway, I need to come up with some books to suggest at my next meeting. Anyone read anything good lately??? Please share!
one of my mississippi girls just wrote a book y'all might want to read. check out The Help by Kathryn Stockett at www.kathrynstockett.com
ReplyDeleteBrrr!! And I thought our unusual 30-40 degree weather here in S. Florida was freezing! lol
ReplyDeleteNeedless to say my heater has been working over time. ;-)
I'm glad you guys are getting so much relaxation in! We had a really nice relaxing, productive weekend, too. So good to be in town!!! That book sounds cute! It kind of, in a way, reminds me of the Undomestic Goddess!!
ReplyDeleteMom Genes: I heard about that book! My mom read it recently and raved about it. Thanks! It's on my list!
ReplyDeleteNicole: yeah girl! it's been crazy cold here! though I must say i'm getting used to it.
FBI: glad you guys had a good weekend, too. I loved it! The book is great. I just finished it tonight. I think I read it in 2 or 3 days. Its 400 pages. Loved it!
Love the new look and title! :)
ReplyDeleteYou MUST read "The Help". It's one of the best books I've read and a new favorite of mine. :)