Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

What's in Your Mailbox?

Today in mine I got 2 items I found amusing...

1. A white envelope. From MORE magazine. The magazine for women 40+ years old. I had been selected for a free trial! haha. seriously. I freaked when I turned 31 a couple of months ago, and now I'm getting mail from a magazine geared for women 10 years older than me. super.

2. A PBKids catalog. Yep. According to the MORE magazine peeps, I am too old to have kids! But PBK has faith in me! haha!

Ahhhh, random, I know. But I found it amusing and a bit ironic that those things arrived on the same day. :) But, I am happy to share that not a single tear was shed during my leisurely browse through the new PBK spring catalog. I eyed the cuteness but didn't get teary eyed. I didn't rip it to shreds. I didn't curse PBK for sending it to me. I didn't throw it in the fire. I was fine. YAY!!! Now THAT'S progress! :)

6 comments:

  1. PB Kids is the devil :)
    Thank you for your kind words this morning. I was definitely coming apart at the seams.
    Your husband's pics are GORGEOUS by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! It is always hard looking at baby and kids items. It took me awhile to start being okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I'm so glad!! That stuff is cuteness. It wil be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for progress!!! :) One little thing at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have such a positive outlook on life! :)

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Relations
    wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom Genes: Totally!! haha! and thank you for your kind words about the photos. I think he's awesome-- but I'm partial! :)

    Beckie: thanks for visiting and for your encouragement! It IS hard looking at that stuff. I still can't go by the baby section in Target but I'm doing better with catalogs at home.

    FBI: it is total cuteness! I hope so!!! :)

    My Endo Journey: Yes, exactly!!! Thanks! :)

    Hua: thanks for visiting and thanks for your supportive comment! I'm glad my retuning optimism is showing a little bit!

    ReplyDelete