Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

The rain in Atlanta continues. I'm SO over it. It's hard enough to leave the cozy bed when the alarm goes off at 5:30. It's hard enough to leave the house, drive 30 minutes to work, to only walk in the front door of the school as the sun is rising. But to add torrential downpours, thunder, and lightning to my morning. So. not. cool.

However, the rain made something happen today that made me smile. As I was driving through my neighborhood this evening heading home, I stopped at a stop sign as a little girl and her daddy approached on foot. What made me smile was the little girl with blonde ringlets was wearing a dress-up cinderella dress and bright green frog rain boots. Holding her daddy's hand they walked across the street and she jumped in a huge puddle and laughed and smiled as she looked up at her daddy who just stop to watch her.

Lesson Learned: while the rain totally sucks for me, to a child, it leads to a new adventure...and a lot of fun.

4 comments:

  1. Everything is an adventure to a child...that's why I teach kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Those boots are adorable. And i'm with you - the rain MUST stop - it's seriously bringing me down... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet story. I love seeing things like that. :)

    ReplyDelete