
As much as I heart fall, I didn't get out my 'fall home decor' this year. I have been so busy that it seems this month has just flown by! Anybody else feel that way? I did run some errands a week or so ago and was intrigued by this pumpkin selection at Whole Foods. I couldn't get over the different shapes, sizes, colors, textures, and just overall 'look' of the display. I can't say I've ever seen gourds that big! I had a tough time picking out pumpkins. I ended up with a cool sage green one and a neat peachy-orange and sage green one. They look really cool in the house. I also picked out some of those smaller ones there in the baskets to take to school with me. We had been doing the whole 'pumpkin theme' so it was great to pass out the pumpkins and gourds and talk about the differences and similarities. I had this one that was SO bumpy. It almost looked like it had big warts on it! It was actually pretty gross. The boys in my class thought it was great! The girls (and myself) didn't really want to touch it! haha!

I also got some sunflowers. I love fresh flowers. They make me happy. :) They have lasted a LONG time! They are still sitting in a vase on my tv console as I type. Actually, upon second glance, they are looking a bit rough, but still-- it's been almost 2 weeks so that's a long time I think! I may need to run over there and get some more! Oh, and they had some seriously cool japanese lantern sprigs. I have some fake ones from pier one but these real ones were super cool. I didn't buy them though. They were expensive!
So after my errand running and some shopping and some reading of my book club book I geared myself up for my class field trip to the farm and pumpkin patch and tried to make a list of things I wanted to accomplish during my 3 day fall break. Well the rain continued and my field trip was
rescheduled, but I did have a pretty impressive list made and I got lots of it done during the break! yay!

Of course, on the first day of my break I woke up with a sore throat. Of course. Every teacher knows you only seem to get sick (or you especially get sick) during your vacation time! AGH! By Tuesday I took myself to the doctor. A Z-pack later, I was feeling better. Still bad sinus headaches, though. yuck.

But no cold would stop me from battling the Atlanta traffic to make it up to the So You Think You Can D.ance Tour Show! My sister, mom, and other friends are addicted to the show. I watch it every summer and was so excited that Jeannine won and that the top 10 were going to be on tour and were coming to Atlanta! And perfect timing (minus the cold) since I was out for break! The show was really fun. It was so neat to watch the performances right there in front of you. The set, the lights, the music, the costumes! Whoa! So cool! We had a fun group and we enjoyed it all! Great night!
So now I'm back to work and it's been busy as usual. We took our rescheduled Farm field trip yesterday (it was COLD!) and we have honor's day, our school fall festival, and, to top it all off, it's Red Ribbon Week! Whew!
How exciting you went to the So you think you can Dance tour show!! I loved that program!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your cold.
I had a great time, too - so glad you're feeling better! THe pumpkin picture is crazy! I've never seen that many different kinds. So glad your flowers lasted so long, too - nice!
ReplyDeleteYou sunflowers lasted about 4 times longer than mine did. :( hahaha!!!
ReplyDelete