Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Waiting

So work is officially behind me and now I want nothing more than for Baby Dane to make his appearance (though I'm still a bit scared about how all that's gonna go down!!!).

My last day at school was Friday; and while it was hectic with last minute stuff (esp parent emails and grades b/c they were due Friday also) the day was good and the kids were sweet.  My parapro had a surprise 'baby party' for me complete with a gift and pettifors for the kids.  They loved it.  They also asked a lot of questions- which I did my best to answer!  (you can imagine!)  It felt oddly refreshing to close my classroom door and leave school.  Such a mixture of emotions.  But overall glad that it worked out the way I had 'planned'.

Saturday we had a busy day.  We started with breakfast at one of our local haunts followed by a playdate for our Sadie pup and then I accompanied Z on a 2 year old baby photo shoot for some of our friends at Stone Mtn. Park. It was beautiful weather outside and we ended up making a whole afternoon of it!  Photos, playground, lunch, and a sweet treat from the yogurt shop before going home.

YUMMY!  Patrick ate his plus some of his mommy's!  :)

After saying bye to our friends, we headed home, freshened up, gathered up Sadie, and headed up to my sister and her husbands house for their 2nd Annual St. Patty's Beer Fest.  As usual, my awesome hostess of a sister had a yummy spread of food, fun games, and (for the drinkers) a great selection of beer.  It was fun to hang out with all the girls.  Dane was in major kicking form and my feet were mega swollen so I had to sit most of the time, but it was fun regardless.  2 other pregnant friends were there and we swapped stories and the latest dr appt news, too.

All boys!  Preston will be here late April/ Early May; Brady will be here in 2 weeks; and Dane (should!) be here any day now!  :)

Teresa, Mary, my sis Kelly with me & Dane.  Love these girls!!!

I had to have picture proof that I was at a party 39.5 weeks pregnant!  hahaha!  :)

Sunday we were mega lazy.  And it was pretty great!  haha!  We laid around and watched movies, hung out, did laundry, and enjoyed (and spicy!) thai dinner.  I heart low-key Sundays!  I'm going to spend some time with my mom today so I don't go crazy sitting here home alone wondering if my water is going to break!  My next dr appt is tomorrow morning.  I still can't believe how close we are to the due date!

8 comments:

  1. Ah and the wait has begun! Kailyn was due April 30th and finally arrived on May 4th. Hopefully your little man is not so stubborn!
    Good luck to you and can't wait to see pics of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is having boys! I'm approaching my last month of school and I have the exact same feelings about leaving...and probably the same workload to get through before then too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so ready to pop! I remember that feeling. I'm saying daily prayers for you and hoping the birth goes smoothly with a healthy mommy and baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eagerly anticipating his arrival! You look awesome Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek! I'm so excited for you. Btw, how amazing do you look! You are absolutely glowing and you look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing SO great, Dev!!!!

    I can't wait for Dane to get here!!!! YAY!!!! :)

    xo

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful weekend! So good to see you - thanks again for coming to a beer fest at 39.5 weeks! LOL you looked fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! Keep those positive thoughts comin'! :)

    ReplyDelete