Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Update

I thought the 'super moon' may bring him on out, but no such luck. I did have some contractions last night for about 6 hours or so. They ranged from 4 - 14 minutes and by around 2am they had slowed to a stop.  I've tried spicy food, pineapple, walking, etc and he hasn't even dropped so...

At the doctor this morning we decided/found out I'll be induced in the morning!  I was 2cm and 60% today and the doctor is worried he is getting big.  She feels he is already 8-9 pounds and tomorrow I'll be 5 days overdue. So... while she didn't want to push me into it or anything, she offered tomorrow or Friday for induction.  We decided to go ahead with tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm nervous about how all of this is going to play out tomorrow.  I'm mostly scared to death about the pain.  I've heard the pitocin stories.  Yikes. ... hopefully he'll be ready to come out tomorrow!  We are certainly ready to meet him!

5 comments:

  1. yaya tomorrow big day!!

    pain... yes.
    don't be scared though...
    you will one day forget about it and decide to have more! haha
    good luck mama! will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for tomorrow! You'll do great. I didn't have any problems with pitocin that most people report. I did have some irregular issues with it, but nothing to worry you about. I think that because you're already dilating and effacing, you shouldn't have any problems and will hopefully have a quick labor. I'll be thinking about you and anxiously waiting to hear about Dane's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late, but whooohooooo! I hope he is here by now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO!!! I'm sure he's here by now so welcome baby Dane! Hope everything went well and you are healing quickly. Can't wait to hear about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAyyyyy!! I am sure you are holding a beautiful baby in your arms right now. Congrats and can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete