Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Cat's outta the bag

with my class of kindergartners... :)

I was in the middle of a math lesson on the smart board (which usually keeps their attention really well!) when all of a sudden one of my boys raises his hand and says "Is there a baby in your belly???" Um, I couldn't help but smile and say "How did you know!?!? It's only this big! (I showed an inch with my fingers in front of my belly)". He laughed and the kids were like, whoa!

And then that was it.

No one has mentioned it again.

I keep waiting for one of my girls to say something since they are always hugging on me, but no. I keep waiting for one of my parents to say something since I figured they went home and told (since they tell EVERYTHING else!), but no.

Hmmmm, I guess I worried about telling them for nothing! haha!

PS. Kinda funny, but one of my little girls from 2 years ago saw me the first day of school and knew immediately. She didn't ask me, but asked her current teacher. The teacher asked her how she knew, and the little girl said "she's wearing a pregnant dress!" (it was just an empire waist dress from the LOFT, nothing maternity!!!) Then later, she saw me in the hall and whispered, "how's the baby Mrs. P?" I just gave her a big smile. Every day now she asks me if the baby came out yet! I keep telling her it's gonna be a while! haha! They are so cute.

Now I guess I just need to break the news on face.book. Everyone else in my life knows!

Oh -- 11 weeks today AND I think this is my 100th post! Not a very exciting one for 100... I'll have to make post 101 better!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on 11 weeks! Your kids sound like such sweet hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This WAS an exciting post!! You are glowing already even though you're not technically "showing"...what a beautiful thing!!!! :o) Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for 11wks!!!! Yippeeee!!!! Little one always know more than we think:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are so intuitive! Not to mention they forget so quickly! :-). Happy 11 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...I just love the kiddos and their observations! Get ready to get a lot more cute comments as you grow bigger!

    I'm just so happy for you and your hubby (whose name I just happen to love...!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe I loved reading this! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks ladies! You're right- they are adorable and sweet and prone to forgetfulness!

    I keep thinking it'll be neat for the baby, too, once I am bigger and once the baby can feel movement. My girls always hug me and their little 5 yo height is about belly height on me. I think it'll be neat for little baby P to feel them, too!

    ReplyDelete