The backstory is that my husband was off all week so we could get house stuff done. We were having a housewarming party Saturday and work starts back in 2 weeks so we were really on a deadline. We had LOTS of cleaning inside and yard work outside to do. It was hot, yes, but I had a big water bottle I kept refilling. And the whole time I felt great! We took a lunch break and all too so it wasn't like it had been non-stop working in the heat. Anyway, my MIL came by to help out in the yard and I went out to assist and she was like 'you don't need to be out here doing anything' and I was like 'I've been out here all day!'. So I walked inside and immediately picked up the preg books and looked for physical activity and worried I had done too much. I had myself so worked up that I was convinced I had done a terrible thing and that I was going to miscarry. I called my mom and sister freaking out. I was crying the ugly cry and got short with Zach. Ugh, too much. So after that I realized that I was more careful about my activity level and all when I was doing the injections and stuff than I am being now that I know our little baby is growing in there. I have to prioritize. My house is not the priority anymore-- this baby is. I need to get it together!
So glad that day is over and behind me. Back to today, THAT is why I was so anxious about today's beta. I finally got the call a few minutes ago. Here it is:
beta #1: 144 (10dp5dt)
beta #2: 850 (14dp5dt)
beta #3: 8,480 (21dp5dt)
I was very relieved and also surprised when my ivf nurse said we could do the U/S this week! Fantastic! I had been telling Zach that I really needed that u/s to make this feel 'real'. Although, lately, it's been feeling real enough. Which brings me to my third point - Morning Sickness.
I haven't done much research on morning sickness but I'm thinking that when I wake up nauseous and do not want to eat anything at all, it must be morning sickness. Today the feeling was worse than ever. I almost wished I didn't have the beta check b/c I didn't want to leave the house. I never thew up, but did have major bathroom/tummy issues. Not fun. I managed to get some lightly salted saltine crackers and water down before the appt and a plain baked potato after. I have slept 2 hours this afternoon and woke up with my usual afternoon headache. *sigh... I AM NOT COMPLAINING though. I have waited and waited for this baby and whatever he/she is going to have me go through I will gladly do. It's just gonna take a little getting used to. And I'm a bit nervous about starting back to work in a couple of weeks with this morning yuckiness. I don't think kindergartners would understand! But I'll survive!
Got any 'freak out' pregnant moment stories to share?
Anything particular I should look for or ask for at the U/S appt Thursday?
Have any ideas/suggestions/etc for the morning sickness?
Won't be much to see on the ultrasound...a gestational sac and a little lima bean looking image. ;) You should be able to hear the heartbeat though, depending on how far along you are. It's amazingly beautiful, even when you have know idea which one is up. I remember sobbing when I heard the heartbeat. Enjoy every second of it!
ReplyDeleteAs for the morning sickness, try to have something on your tummy at all times. Keep saltines by your bed and nibble on a few before you even get up in the morning. If you don't feel like eating, just try to keep those saltines around and munch on those. Ginger is also good for nausea, although, didn't really touch it during that first trimester for me.
The nausea is a good sign, just remember that!
Nausea is just something you need to endure. It sucks, but you're right that it's worth it. Mine lasted from week 6 - 10 weeks. Not to bad when you look at it in the long run!
ReplyDeleteI spotted at 8 weeks and FREAKED OUT b/c I was sure I was miscarrying. My RE's office was so good about letting me come in for an emergency u/s (I had already had one at 7 weeks, and we had seen the hb, etc.). I was so relieved...and just want you to know that spotting, especially with IVF, can be normal and doesn't always mean the end of the world!
So happy about your numbers..and I hope you enjoy every blessed moment of your first ultrasound!
As for the morning sickness just make sure that you eat something as soon as you get up and try to take your showers at night. At least for me morning showers made me feel a million times worse. I don't know if it was the heat or having to do so much getting ready so early. And yes, the difficulties of pregnancy are such a joy because they remind you that you have a little one in there, they still are just that... difficult. I'm soooooo happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI freaked out many times! I remember disliking the nausea, but when it stopped I worried even more! No "stand out" freak out moments to share but what great beta #'s! Your body will let you know when you are overdoing it.
ReplyDeletebtw- I got your email!
I have the same advise I see other's have given you about morning sickness. I had it until 16 weeks. Only actually vomited 3 times, but felt COMPLETELY nauseaus 24 hours a day! Alway's try to have something in your belly, even if just crackers. Also ginger ale sometimes helped me. After a few weeks it stopped working, though.
ReplyDeleteAs for your ultrasound you probably won't see much yet. And if for some reason there is no heartbeat because it is too early try not to freak yourself out about it too much like I did!
You sound like me when I was PG. The first 12 weeks I freaked out about everything I did, sure that it would cause yet another miscarriage. I think you will be fine and holding your lil angel before you know it!