Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

L. Shot-- DONE!

Ahhhhh, the new abode. We are FINALLY moved in, though there are STILL things left at the other house-- office stuff, cleaning stuff, extra furniture, patio furniture, and stuff in the garage. Um, wow, that's a lot. And to think the new house is already full. hmmm...
Anyway, we're here and so far, it's super good! We've met lots of great neighbors, tried out some yummy restaurants, and we're looking forward to our first community event next weekend. :)

In the baby news segment of my life, I GOT THE SHOT!!! Oh my goodness I was a nervous wreck. All I kept thinking about was how after my lap last summer I did too much goo.gle research about Lu.pron and did everything I could to not have to take it. The 'possible' side effects are scary as hell. But, alas, here were are 11 months to the lap date later, and the shot was given this week. Tuesday actually. So far I'm good as gold. I haven't noticed anything (but major gas bubbles)- yet. But with my allergies/cold/sinus infection (I have no idea which I have!) I have been pretty distracted. Oh, and with it being the last month of school and all. Perfect timing!

So I do 28 days of this, then start the typical ivf protocol. We have an appt the last week of may for Z's bloodwork (I got mine Tuesday and still have the nasty bruises on my arms to prove it!), a trial run for the retrieval ('sounding' they call it), and we'll meet with the doc for discussion & schedule and the nurse for injection lessons. And I guess we'll also be ordering the mass quantities of other lovely drugs and needles.

But I don't care!!!! I'm super excited! And Z is elated! :) We are one step closer!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on such a huge step in this crazy process...I'll be looking forward to reading your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new house is beautiful! Glad the Lup.ron shot was not that bad. Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is going so well at the house and in the neighborhood!!

    ReplyDelete