So I am talking to her about this and she says to me:
"It may not be about you at all. It may just not be quite the right time for your baby."
Um, what? I've never thought about it like that before.
So she proceeds to tell me the story of Mary (as in the Virgin Mary)and Elizabeth (as in mother of John). She tells me that even though Elizabeth was late in life to conceive (40 years old) and of course we know Mary's story, God needed Elizabeth to wait for her blessing because the son she would bear had an important job to do later in life. Hence, she waited years and years for him because he had an important role in the future.
Hmmmmm... Now, I am not retelling this eloquently AT ALL, and for that I am sorry, but do you see where I'm going with this?
Maybe it isn't me. Maybe it's just not time for our baby yet. Maybe our baby needs to be born in 1 year or 3 years (or longer) because he/she has an important role to play in the future...
I totally and absolutely trust God and his plan for us. I do. But, as we probably all feel at times, we also wish that we could have a sneak peek preview of what His plan is. I know I do!
::deep breath::
I do feel much more at peace with this now than I have in a long while. So I will sleep well tonight trusting in God's plan for our baby blessing...
That is a very interesting way of looking at it - I would have been um WHAT?! too! I'm just glad it's giving you piece of mind, this post was very optimistic and you should be - your tests are going well and God will take care of you and Z. I know it. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kelly. I'm glad this conversation with your friend gave you some peace of mind and put you in a more optimistic frame of mind as well. :)
ReplyDeletebtw I meant "peace" of mind - not give you a "piece" of my mind. Oops! :) I hope you had a good day today.
ReplyDelete