Now I've been to the childbirth class (yes, I cried during the L&D part of the video), I have friends that have done this and gotten out alive, I've seen movies, and read books, etc, etc, etc... but some days I do worry about 'THE' day. Now, it's not even so much the big day, but the other days leading up to it. The constant TP checking, wondering about the mucus plug, wondering if every feeling of leakage is my water breaking, wondering if every pang I feel is a sign contractions are coming. Whew!
I feel more or less ready. Here's what's done:
- lesson plans for work. all that's left is printing them and meeting with my substitute to fill her in on the little things
- baby showers are over and we have returned duplicates and picked up most of what we needed and hadn't gotten
- the crib is set up and ready to go; same with changing table
- newborn and 0-3 month size clothes are washed and ready
- OB appts are set up every week from now until the week after his due date
- all testing at OB's office is done and results are in and we're good to go!
Here's what's left to do:
- have the car seat installed at the fire station (we'll do that this weekend)
- pick up the glider for the nursery (yay! I can't wait!)
- pack hospital bags (I still need to get 'nursing essentials' - I have a couple of n bras from target but need a nightgown or PJ's or something)
- hang art work in the nursery
- pick out birth announcements (or at least narrow it down to a few favs)
- pre-cook and freeze some meals? (did you guys do that?)
- finish writing 'thank-you' cards for baby showers
So, that's where we stand. I think. I'm certainly enjoying President's Day off today! A great opportunity to prop up my swollen feet/calves and rest this belly (which has gotten heavy and finally sports stretch marks. boo), and probably nap (the 'on the dot' every 2 hour bathroom breaks at night really cut into precious sleep time!
I'm glad you're enjoying the day! You guys have gotten SO much done - I know you'll be so pumped to get the glider and the art work up! I think pre-cooking/freezing meals is a great idea - but you know I love to do that kind of stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteGirl sounds like you got it all together...Good for you:)
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking about you a lot and hope you're feeling okay. Keep us updated with what you are finding out at the doctor. About to burst to meet your little man : )
ReplyDeleteI can remember these checklists like it was yesterday. You are so organized and so ready! I am thinking about you a lot and hoping for the best on your little boy's birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFBI: I should get with you about a short list of your recipes that would be good for pre-cooking/freezing!
ReplyDeleteN&K: it's getting there! I'm a list maker for sure!
AE: same here! been pretty nausous lately which is weird, no?
Katie: I try! :) Thanks for thinking of me! Hope you guys are doing great!